Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HORSERADISH LEAVES

Posted by ROGER ROBINSON 
HORSERADISH LEAVES
March 06, 2002 01:33PM
ARE HORSERADISH LEAVES EDIBLE? LIKE IN A SALAD OR COOKED?
Re: HORSERADISH LEAVES
March 06, 2002 02:04PM
Yes, they are edibile, but I've never tried them myself! I'm sure if they tasted good, they would be sold like spinach or mustard greens. Most likley cooked the same way as well. Let us know how they taste, if you try any...
March 07, 2002 03:33PM
THANKS FOR YOUR REPONSE ON THE HORSERADISH LEAVES.
I'LL BE ORDERING THEM FROM BERT'S & I WILL LET YOU KNOW.
WILL YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS REMAIN ON THIS WEB-SITE? OR LEAVE IT ON MY E-MAIL SITE.
March 09, 2002 04:02PM
We can always be reached at: Sales@HorseradishPlants.com
It will be interesting to find out!
June 11, 2002 10:47AM
we do eat horseradish leaves when they're young, like a mustard leaf, but are they still edible when they're bigger?
m.
June 11, 2002 06:56PM
To be honest, I have no idea. Maybe another poster here may know?

Bert
Judy
July 23, 2002 10:29PM
My husbands Aunt used a few horseradish leaves to flavor her greens such as dandyline greens and milkweed greens. She always would cut a few leaves and cook them with the greens.
July 24, 2002 02:57PM
In fact we had horseradish greens for dinner last night. Wife boiled the leaves, after removing center vein, until tender. Mixed with mashed potato's, and cooked rice. Added some crumbled crisp bacon, and just a little of the bacon grease. Salt and pepper taste. Two parts potatoes, and one part cooked rice to one part greens. Very good.
bob
October 09, 2002 07:30PM

I ate a 2-foot horseradish leaf the other day wrapped raw around an already cooked fish -- it was great! Tasted just like spinach with a slight hot kick. I knew that in the middle ages central Europeans ate them routinely.
July 11, 2003 08:38AM
I eat the leaves all the time. While I'm out walking the dog I often pick a leaf to chew on. It tastes great, just like lettuce with a kick. Some leaves and times of the year are hotter.
December 19, 2005 07:39PM
I have been growing horseradish for the last two years. Just harvested a big double handfull of roots and ground some up in the blender. Add white vinegar and a 1/2 tsp of salt, put in a little jar and MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM on corned beef!!!wow.Had roots left over and outer skin after peeling. Plant em all again and watch em grow. Watch closely for white flies that will suck the juice from your new plants. Gonna try the leaves as soon as they start to come up. Thanks to all who gave advice and Merry Christmas. Roger
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login